9/28/2012

So it's been a really long time

I've not been so diligent to keep up this blog, but rest assured I am still moving towards the goal, I've been doing regular 20 mile rides, with some 50 milers thrown in there, the new goal ride date is Summer 2014. As most of you know, I got married this June, which was the original planned ride date-obviously I can't get married and immediately go on a 2 month ride, so it will be pushed back, which gives me more time to save a bit of money, give a bit of money, and hopefully get enough paid time off to cover 2 months. Also so far we've raised $815 out of the minimum $3000. Thanks people!
I have also been switching it up a bit, doing some mountain biking, racing, and fixie riding. I really just love bikes altogether, it's quickly becoming an addiction, one that I've gotten my wife into as well, together we now have 6 bikes, that's 5 purchased this year :)
Next week I plan on riding the Virginia Creeper Trail, a 30+ mile long trail that goes up/down white top mountain, hailed as the most beautiful trail in the States, I'm very excited about this, and I'll let you know how it goes after.

-Asher

1 comment: